Thursday, February 26, 2015

Living with Less: Day One

Call it nesting, or call it going insane, but I've never been more ready to simplify my life!! We have so much stuff, so much clutter....it's suffocating and it's really hard to focus on tasks when you feel overwhelmed by the presence of STUFF.

I'm hoping the payoff will be two fold. One, I'll be less stressed and more able to concentrate on tasks, and two...decluttering will hopefully result in selling some stuff for Cliffy funds! So here goes...today's focus will be clothing.

I figured go big, or go home...right? Laundry is my nemesis and I'm NEVER caught up. There are constant piles and it's an eye sore at the least and panic attack inducing at the worst. Today I will do NOTHING but get this under control.

1. Go through closets and drawers and bag up anything that doesn't fit or no one wears or we just don't need, like 17 gray tshirts, etc.

2. Put those bags in the storage building.

3. While doing that, keep the laundry going. Sort the freshly cleaned clothes the same way...what we keep and what we bag up.
 
4. Fold, hang, and put away everything we decided to keep.


The goal is to thin out the clothing considerably, and balanced across 4 categories: church, school/work, everyday, and sleep/lounge wear. Each person will have 5 outfits or less from each catergory.

What about the bagged up and stored clothing? My hubby and I are going to take an afternoon this weekend to sort through it all, and put things into 3 piles: toss, donate, and sell. The stuff marked sell will go back into storage and will be used for fundraising for Cliff once the declutter project is complete!

Wish me luck! Off I go to declutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment