Sunday, March 1, 2015

The ramblings of an adopting mother

So, adoption is really, really expensive. Fundraising is super expensive too, especially when your fundraisers flop, which many do. I don't want this post to turn into some whiny "poor me" rant, but my goodness it is SO hard to fight and claw your way to the finish line! I am working so very, very hard to bring Cliff home but I seem to have gotten into a rut with fundraisers and stuff. Everyone in my family has gotten the flu, then bronchitis, and it's just been all consuming and I'm struggling to get my groove back! 

We are having our biometrics fingerprinting done this Friday, and a friend of mine got her USCIS approval ONE WEEK after her fingerprints! USCIS approval is the last thing you need to have everything submitted then you're on the bench waiting for travel dates. Along with that comes fees. Agency fees, travel fees, medical fees...money on top of money and it's so stressful, and a really lonely season in life when something so big is happening, and so much is out of your control, and your support system is, well...silent. I know that my adoption is no one else's problem, I guess I just wish that someone would see Cliff, and how badly he's been treated, and want to make HIM their problem, just see him, accept that he's been dealt a bad hand, and do something to make his journey home a little easier. 

There are so many kids with similar stories, so if not Cliff, please choose another child and make their path to a family a little easier. Bless a family that is struggling with the knowledge that their child is on the other side of the world and they can do NOTHING to protect them except secure the funds to get them out, because that's where I am, and it's a hard place to be. 

I guess ranting and venting happened anyway, even though that wasn't my intention, but writing is cheaper than therapy so maybe I saved some money, right? haha

We have fundraisers going on right now, this shirt is one of my favorites!

http://www.booster.com/baseballshirtsforcliff


My son is making these ice pop holders to raise money for his plane ticket to meet Cliff and see the orphanage where he's spent his life



They are $10 for a set of 7 with free shipping, to order you can donate here: 

http://www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/sewing-for-cliff-/311298

Please leave your mailing address on the page or in the note section on paypal!

Lastly, this is our link to our Family Sponsorship Page on Reece's Rainbow. You can also find it at the top of our blog. Our fully funded number is somewhere in the neighborhood of $22,000. We will be bringing a nurse with us for our pick up trip, and depending on what medical equipment she will need to bring, that number could change, but I feel like it's very accurate. This fund hasn't moved in quite a while, and it's really stressing me out! Any kind of bump would be amazing. I make all sorts of crafty stuff and I would be happy to make anything you need in exchange for a donation to Cliff!

http://reecesrainbow.org/81896/sponsormorse-2

This blog has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to write. I try so hard not to ask for help, I try to earn as much of our adoption fund as I can...but it gets to a point where you need people to step up and if nothing else just lend an ear...it's such a lonely, scary, road. I'm worried that my hand (I have De Quervain syndrome from all the crafting I've done fundraising)is going give up on me completely before Cliff is fully funded, and I was hoping to get funded quickly after our first trip so I can have the surgery I need to correct my hand before I have a teeny Bulgarian to lug around everywhere! :) 

Please keep Cliff in your prayers, specifically we need prayers for him to stay strong and hold on, because we're coming as fast as we can, but he is so frail. I can't let my mind finish that thought, please just pray for strength for him.

Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a crazy, worry filled mama...sometimes you just have to pour it all out so you can take a deep breath, and keep putting one foot in front of the other. 

<3

2 comments:

  1. Hi There, I am part of the hand in help adoption group on FB. Friends of mine adopted and it's something I've always been interested in. Cliff is one of the kids that really got to me. I can't seem to figure out how to donate though. Do you have a direct link?

    Thanks, Aaryn

    ReplyDelete